Sunday, September 25, 2011

Canine Driver's License

My dog should have had a driver's license.
For years I would bring Geddy Lee to Sheridan. He was great with the students, and if a students was having a bad day, they could take Geddy for a short walk outside or just pet him for a few minutes.
I would call Geddy in front of the class and command him to "sit."
He would sit immediately.
He stayed seated until I gave him another command.
I would then explain to my students that Geddy sits the first time I tell him, and that my teens need to be told multiple times to sit!
Geddy stays seated- my students often get up after 30 seconds for some silly reason...
And they want a driver's license? I think my dog followed directions better than some of my students!
But he hated wearing sunglasses...

No comments: